Over 300 companies participating
- Trade delegations from Tamil Nadu, Vavuniya and Mannar Chambers
- Over 60,000 visitors expected
The largest exhibition and consumer fair, JITF 2016 opened for the 7th consecutive time at the Municipal Grounds, Jaffna. The Event is organized by the Lanka Exhibition and Conference Services (Pvt.) Ltd (LECS) together with the Chamber of Commerce & Industries of Yarlpanam (CCIY) with the support of Sri Lanka Convention Bureau (SLCB).
The exhibition will feature the construction industry, hospitality industry, food, beverage and packing industry, automobile industry, ICT industry, financial services, Apparel & Textile, Agricultural, Consumer goods and many others, which will be on show during the three days.
A special 60 member delegation from India will be visiting the event to look at opportunities and investment. Special Chamber delegations from Vavuniya and Mannar are expected to grace this event.
The event is termed as the “gateway to the north”. Joint ventures, tie ups, large orders have been the highlights of business matchmaking between the people from the south and north.
The organizers have planned many concurrent events during the 2016 edition, some of the highlights will include a 2 day musical evening with popular artiste, children’s carnival and amusement park and much more.
Main Sponsor of this event is Ideal Motors and the Co – Sponsor is S-Lon. Mobitel come forward as the Mobitel Telecommunication Partner, Power Generation Partner is Sicher, Beauty Care Partner is 4Ever, Education Partner is ICBT Jaffna and IT Partner is Ewis. Uthayan and Suder Oli are the Print Media Partner (Tamil) and Radio Partner is Tamil FM.
· Over 300 stalls raging from consumer favorites to industrial goods
· Crowds exceeding 60,000 visiting the show
· Live evening musical shows
· Amusement park with Children’s play area
· All types of food and beverage, Hawker type food court
· Special discounts on over 1000 products
· Hourly raffle draw to win exiting prizes
· Seminars and workshops
· Special higher education pavilion
· A tour and a taste of Sri Lanka’s Tea in Jaffna
HEAD TABLE LIST (Seated from Left to Right)
1. Mr. Sarada M. De Silva, President, National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka
2. Mr. Kosala Wickramanaike, Co-Founder Chairman, Jaffna International Trade Fair
3. Mr. Arjun Dharmadasa, Managing Director, Lanka Exhibition & Conference Services (Pvt) Ltd
4. Hon. A. Natarajan, Consul General, Consulate General of India, Jaffna
5. Hon. H.M.G.S. Palihakkara, Governor of Northern Province
6. Mr. K. Vignesh, President, Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Yarlpanam
7. Mr. N. Vethanayahan, Government Agent, Jaffna
8. Mr. K. Pooranachandran, Co-Founder Chairman of JITF and Past President, Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Yarlpanam
9. Mr. N. Jagatheesan, President, Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce & Industries
10. Mr. Charu Seneviratna, General Manager, Ideal Automobiles (Pvt) Ltd (Main Sponsor)